THE PROMISE GRANTED THROUGH FAITH
FAITH IS ALWAYS BASED ON A PROMISE FROM GOD
Romans 3: 10
I Corinthians 15: 12
THE SPIRITUAL RESULT OF FAITH
Now – Since I operate from that type of Faith
1. I am declared Righteous – I have a right standing before God. I am able to come before the throne with Boldness, not because of me but because of the risen Christ in me. I have access to the Creator of the Universe who speaks and worlds come into existence.
2. I have a peace with this God – now peace is not the absence of conflict. This world is full of less than peaceful situations. This world is full of conflict. But through it – by faith (that is not my own it is the gift of God) I have a peace that surpasses all comprehension. My peace is however not a direct peace it is through Jesus. Because He is at peace and He resides in me, I can have that peace. It is not automatically generated it is based on my faith that God’s does what He says. He says that Jesus resides in me, He says that Jesus is the Price of Peace, He says that I can have peace that surpasses all comprehension, He even gives me the faith to believe it, the only question then for me is – will I appropriate will I release God’s Faith in this instance?
3. I have obtained access to grace – unmerited favor with God. It is certainly not based on my good behavior, my great intellect, my church membership, my family heritage or any man made belief system. My access is through Jesus. It is because He lives in me that I can enter the Throne room, it is because He lives in me that I have access to the unmerited favor of a very Holy God.
4. I have Hope – “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness, I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus name.” When we say I hope I can do this or I hope I can do that we are probably counting on us to accomplish said task. This is not Hope by Faith. If faith is based upon a Word from God then hope is based on God’s fulfillment of that Word. If we don’t have a Word from God then we do not have hope based in Faith.
5. Rejoice in Affliction – Now this is also based in Hope which is based in Faith. Let’s look: 3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Going through affliction allows us to utilize Hope in Faith. Without affliction we would not have a challenge to our faith, we could not express our hope in Christ by operating from the faith that He adequately provides that is based upon His Word – His
promise. We do have a promise that He will never allow us to go through any temptation that He will not give us strength to overcome. The temptation is to not operate out of faith – “without faith it is impossible to please God”
6. I will not be disappointed – in God – I can be disappointed in me, people around me, circumstances etc but I will not be disappointed in God because through the power of the Holy Spirit in me. I will have hope in Him carrying out His plan in my life – in His Kingdom.