Love – We Love Each Other As Christ Loves Us
- We were created as objects of his affection, so he could pour out His good pleasure on his children. (adam and eve)
- God’s love spared us from instant destruction in the garden
- God’s love initiated the grand narrative of scripture (promising Jesus)
- God’s love saved the israelites from egypt (and gave them a land flowing with milk and honey)
- God’s love rescued Israel from its enemies time and time again.
- God’s love gave his only son, to be born in human flesh
- God’s love served the broken, the sick, and the outcast
- God’s love washed his disciples feet
- God’s love bore our sin, and our shame upon the cross.
- The greatest sign of love is not a diamond, but a cross.
Showing the Unfailing Love of Jesus by Words, Patience, and Forgiveness
1st Corinthians 13:4-7
We Put the Best Interests of Others Before Our Personal Wants
Viewing The Gospel as the Ultimate Form of Love Toward Mankind
1st John 3:18